Saturday, January 31, 2009

Potty Time!

I am DONE changing nasty poopy pullups. I took the plunge yesterday and told Erica NO MORE pullups during the day. She did great all day yesterday. She went potty before naptime, and then again before I took her with me to Target last night. As soon as we got home she said she needed to go tee-tee, so I told her to go ahead while I brought in the bags from the car. When I got back in, she had found a pull-up, put it on, and peed in it. *sigh* I kept telling Eric she wasn't ready. He said that if she knows she's going to pee, can take off her own pants and panties, then put on a pullup and pee in it, SHE'S READY. And he's absolutely right. I kept putting it off with Erica longer and longer because I know how easy it was with Natalie, once she was ready. But, he's right. She IS ready, and I need to just give her a little push. So, I put up all the pullups where she can't get to them. I let her wear one to bed last night (because I already change sheets enough around here with McSpitty in the house) but as soon as she woke up this morning, it was straight into panties. And no accidents so far today. I'm really proud of her progress just in the past couple days. We're well on our way now!
Photobucket

And speaking of McSpitty - we've had to start putting Graham in a bib anytime he's awake now because not only does he still spit-up all.the.time, but now he's taken to gnawing on his hands and drooling buckets. I remember Erica started the same thing around this age and I swore she must be teething. Yeah, well unless she was teething for 4 mos... LOL So I'm not sure what the deal is, but with the Spit-up and constant drool, he's now gone from McSnorty (which I used to call him because he sounded like a little piggy snorting all the time), to McSpitty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment