Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How the heck do you work this thing?

My camera came in the mail today!!! I am still trying to figure it out. I've only had a few minutes to really mull over it, so I'm going to try and read up as much as I can tonight and see if I can practice with it a bit tomorrow. I can shoot in auto, but I did not spend several hundred dollars on a camera just to shoot in auto. I'm starting to learn terms like ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. It's still all Greek to me, but I'm a fast learner when I have time.

One problem I'm having is that when I change some of the settings, I get a "blank" picture (like it's just all black). Not sure what's going on, so if any of you photo "experts" out there can help, I'd be much appreciative!

eta: I figured out the "black" pic thing... when I started getting "white" pics too. Went googling and think I have that worked out. Now it's just time to practice practice practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment