Friday, April 3, 2009

Baths Still Suck!!! But other stuff is good.

You'd think that after several dozen baths, he'd get over it by now. But no. Graham hates baths as much now as he ever did.

Not quite aware yet of the situation, yet still a little concerned.
Photobucket

Is that bath water running?
Photobucket

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????
Photobucket

I Hate You Mom!!!!!!
Photobucket

Is it over yet?
Photobucket

And once again, he survived. :)

I am REALLY looking forward to our trip to Houston next weekend for Easter. I still need to coordinate with my family a time to get together. But we are meeting Eric's family down on "the farm" that Saturday for the annual Easter party. The kids always have so much fun hunting eggs and playing in the (usually) glorious weather. Here are some pics from years past.
2005 - Natalie with the prize egg!
Photobucket

2006
Photobucket
Photobucket

2007 - it was unseasonably cold that year!
Photobucket
Photobucket

We're also planning on going to church on Easter Sunday. It will be so nice to see all our friends again! One of the hardest parts about moving for me, was leaving our church family. Yes, it's hard to leave our "real" family too, but I know they'll come for visits, and we'll see them. But leaving our church family behind has been really difficult. I've been a member of that church since I was 5 years old (except for a small hiatus when my parents became church hoppers lol). I was saved and baptized there. Eric and I met there. We were married there. We've had all of our kids dedicated there. The people at FCBC have been such a support system for us. When we left, they gave us a going away present. Three actually. Two for Eric and me and one for the kids. First they gave us this decorative letter M, for Matlock. Then they gave us a wall plaque, in which they had members sign the back. They gave the kids a book by Max Lucado called "You are Special". It's such a wonderful story. As soon as we moved into this house, I couldn't wait to find a place for our new decorations. I knew immediately that I wanted to put the wall plaque, that says FAITH, above our front door.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It took me a little longer to figure out where I wanted to put our M. I finally decided I liked it in the kitchen!
Photobucket

It's been a long week this week. Just one more til Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Brooke - yep, we plan on being at FCBC for Easter. I didn't know you went to Parkgate. I thought ya'll still went to Elim? The last time I was at FCBC, your pastor (from Parkgate) was preaching at our church and then our pastor went to preach at ya'lls service. Were you there that day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we sure were! I missed ya! :( Your pastor did a great job! We've been going to Parkgate since July of last year when I was big preggo with Evan. Nothing against Elim whatsoever, we just needed to spread our wings a little bit! We LOVE it at Parkgate! :)

    ReplyDelete