Friday, April 24, 2009

6 months

Graham is half a year old today!!! Seriously? I say it every month, and every month I mean it more. It's going by way too fast.

I made my own smores today in celebration.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

At 6 months old, Graham:
drinks approximately five bottles of formula a day
eats solids (baby food) once a day, most days
is sleeping through the night!!! He sleeps from about 6pm-6am
takes 2-3 naps a day
wears 12 mos clothes
wears size 3 diapers
loves to squeal REALLY loudly
still has no teeth (so HA to all the little old ladies who are CONSTANTLY insisting that he his teething... for the past 3 months)
can push himself up onto his hands and knees when he's on his tummy
still loves to be worn in the wrap - as long as he's facing out and I'm constantly walking if he's awake, or facing in and snuggled tight when he wants to sleep
has outgrown his infant carseat and graduated to a big boy seat (still rear facing)
only uses a pacifier when he's trying to go to sleep, and not even always then
is still really close to sitting on his own
has apparently change sooo much just in the past month!

We had brunch at IHOP today (and I discovered Erica calls it IPOD lol) per Natalie's request. And I totally flaked and forgot my camera. So I didn't get any pics of the girls' silly pancake faces (but I can atest that they were, indeed, very silly). Natalie said she wants to eat there everyday because it's so good. I told her that we could probably make these at home (it's just pancakes, with cut up strawberries and bananas for the face, and then go-gurt squeezed on for the hair), and she was happy about that but told me that IHOP still had the best pancakes. I'm sure she's right lol. Erica and Graham both fell asleep on the way home from there, so they got early naps. So then it's 2:45 in the afternoon and we are bored with nothing to do. So I decide to take them back to Sea World. We live literally behind the park, and we now have season passes, and the weather was PERFECT. I was a little worried about trying to go with Graham, but I just planned on going to the Seal Show, because that's Natalie's favorite and we didn't get to do it last time we went. So off we went. We get there just before the 3:30 show started. The kids had a GREAT time watching the show and then we went over and saw the seal/sea lion tank for a bit. Then we stopped by one of the ride's in the kiddie land that they could ride without me.
Photobucket
We waited in line for probably 20 minutes and when we got to the front, Erica freaked out and wouldn't get on. Then they move the cars one by one to let people get on, and when Natalie started going up she freaked out too and started sobbing. So I had the guy bring her back down so she could get off. *sigh* At this point, Graham had fallen asleep in the wrap, so I decided we could try and see another show. Viva had just started, so we walked over there and got to catch the last half of that. I hadn't seen that one before and it was really cool. The girls made friends with this other brother/sister that were sitting behind us. They all ended up sitting together and oohing and aahing through the whole show. After that we headed to the car. We got some food and came home and then once I got Graham to bed, we ate dinner. It was a really nice day.

I've picked out the camera I want. Trying to find a good deal on it. Hoping Eric is ready!

12 more days.

1 comment:

  1. That's a big boy! My 2 1/2 year old is still wearing size 3 diapers! She only weighs 24 pounds. How do you carry him in that wrap all day???

    ReplyDelete