Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend in Houston

We had a great visit to Houston this weekend. I can't believe that I didn't get my camera out once to take a single picture. I guess it's probably because I had one kid or another in my arms pretty much the entire time. So, without pics you'll just have to take my word for that we had a great time.

The weather here on Friday was horrid. There were tornado and flash flood warnings all day. In fact, the warnings kept coming across the TV screen while I was trying to pack and Natalie would run in to my every time and yell "There are tornados and floods in TEXAS!!! And WE are in San Antonio, TEXAS!!!" haha! I told it was ok because we were safe in our house. And she goes "But it says not to drive on the wet roads!" I assured her that if the roads were not safe enough for us to drive on that we wouldn't. So cute. Eric took off work early and we were able to leave at about 3:00. Between the bad weather and having to stop twice to feed Leah, it took us 5 1/2 hours to get there. Oh how the days of the 3 hr 15 min trips I made with the girls when I was pg with Graham are long behind us!

As soon as we got there I couldn't wait to go over to Jamie's and meet my newest niece, Scarlett. She is such a cute little chunky monkey! Of course it was good to see the rest of the family soon, but you know how I love me some fresh squeezed baby (I HATED that she was already a month old before I got to meet her!).

Saturday we attended Marcus and Kayla's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I am just so so happy for them! Right about now they are relaxing on the beaches of Maui and I am insanely jealous. haha!

We were planning on going to Galveston on Sunday, to take the kids to the beach. But all the nasty weather scratched that idea. Instead, we met up with my mom at Katy Mills on our way back out of town. It was great visiting with her and we got some good deals on clothes. (Eric got some new shirts/ties/pants for work and I got some clothes for Leah). We ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and the kids really liked that.

We ended up not getting home until around 9:30pm and the kids were all pooped. Leah was so tired that she slept for 8 hours straight!!! I couldn't believe it when I woke up and saw the clock! Then she ate and slept for another 2 hours. The other kids didn't wake up until after 9:00, which is really late for them as well. It was sooo nice to kind of sleep in and relax after such a busy weekend.

And we get to do it all over again next month when MY brother gets married! (and I'll have ANOTHER new niece to snuggle by then too!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment