Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fever Free

Graham's fever held on for a bit, but this morning he's been fever free for 24 hours! He seems to slowly be getting his appetite back too.

I hadn't been letting even the girls go out to play while he was sick, because he gets sooooooo upset when anyone goes out without him. But today is supposed to be a beautiful (albeit HOT, high 95) day, so I'm thinking it'd be a perfect day for breaking out the sprinklers and having lunch out back!

With as well as my weight loss has been going, I'm sad to report that I think my milk supply has taken a hit from it. I had people warn me this might happen, so I'm not entirely surprised, but still disappointed. Making enough milk for Leah so that we don't have to supplement is a higher priority for me right now than losing weight. So I'm going to try to add in some more healthy calories and see what happens. Best case would be I make more milk AND keep losing weight!

I'm planning on spending naptime today going through pictures, so hopefully I'll have some new ones to post soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Don't know what kind of advice you've gotten for increasing your supply...prob extra calories is a good start, but also try fenugreek. It's found at a GNC or natural foods place. When I was trying to nurse (I never produced) I was given this tip by multiple lactation consultants. The only side effect is that you smell like maple syrup. I know it's weird and it never bothered me, but did bother my sister in law. Anyway, you can start out taking 1 pill 3x a day and up to as many as 3 pills 3x a day. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there!

    ReplyDelete