Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010

I know, I fell off the wagon again. Once we got back from Houston, it took a little while to get back into the groove of things. I forgot to take my allergy medicine while we were out of town, and when we got back, my allergies flared up. I ended up losing my voice and sounding pretty pathetic for several days. My voice is just now getting back to normal. Erica's eczema flared up really bad again while we were out of town. It hadn't flared up that bad since last time we went to Houston. We still don't have it completely under control this time either. And I'm scared because we'll be going back to Houston again in a few weeks and I don't want to see it happen to her yet again. We are still working on our school work for the year. We took our break when Leah was born, so we'll be working through the summer. We may do something similar to that every year anyway. It's so hot here during the summer, that all I want to do most days is hole up in the house anyway. I'd rather take more time off during the more pleasant months and enjoy the outdoors. I kind of feel jipped out of our spring this year, because with Leah being so little, we didn't get out to enjoy it as much as I'd have liked, and now it's getting so hot. I'm just starting to plan Natalie's birthday party. It's going to be a Watermelon Picnic theme and I am so excited about it. At first she said she wanted a Princess party. I can't tell you how many princess parties I've planned between her and Erica. Oh wait, yes I can, SEVEN. We've done Ladybug Princess, Cinderella, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Disney Princess (w/ emphasis on Snow White). And while I am all for letting her choose her theme (within reason) and doing what SHE wants, I thought I'd offer other suggestions in hopes she'd go for them. As soon as I said, "What about a picnic party," she got really excited! She thought that was a GREAT idea and I'm so glad! I started trying to think of thing to incorporate and when I mentioned watermelons she got even more excited! So a Watermelon Picnic it will be! My mind has been racing with ideas for all things watermelon. I hate that it's so dadgum hot here in August, so most of the party will have to be indoors, but it will still be fun! Of course once we started talking about birthday parties, Erica chimed in that she wants a Cinderella party. ha! I still have a few months to try to sway her lol. Leah turned 3 mos this past Saturday and I hate that I am so behind on things. I need to get some new pics of her and make a separate post about that big milestone! She is doing so many new things, but I'll save them for that post. Graham just turned 19 mos this week and I just can't believe he's closer to 2 years than 1 now. He is starting to say more and more words (though it's still not a lot). His latests are "cah cah" for cracker, which is really for any food that comes out of the pantry lol, and "uh oh" which I just noticed him saying today. And as it is for most kids, it's become a game for him. *drops his sippy cup off his high chair tray* "uh oh!" *drops his pancake off his high chair tray* "uh oh!" *drops his sippy off his high chair tray again* "uh oh!" haha. yeah. I also found him with one leg over the rail of his crib when I went to get him up this morning. I guess we'll be moving him over to the toddler bed soon. We had started putting him in it for naps a while ago, but stopped and I don't remember why. I think it's about time to start getting Leah to sleep in the crib anyway, so this should work out ok. I don't remember if I've mentioned this yet or not, but I am going to be the Creative Activities Coordinator for my MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group this next year. I'll be in charge of coming up with crafts for our group of moms to do throughout the year and some other things too. At first I was a little intimidated by it, but once I started thinking of ideas, it was really fun! I just hope that I am able to get everything done. I thought it was funny yesterday... we had a thank you luncheon for the childcare volunteers and we were being introduced as the new steering team. Our coordinator was saying that we still needed some spots filled and that if anyone was worried about time committment, "if Amber can do it with 4 kids and homeschooling, then anyone can!" and I quickly said "we'll see if Amber can do it with 4 kids and homeschooling. That has yet to be determined!" lol. I've had several people offer to help me with shopping for supplies, prep work, and setting up, so I think it will all work out just fine. I feel really fortunate to have this creative outlet right now. Well, Leah is up and wanting some Mommy Time, so I better go. Sorry for no pics, but hopefully this will catch you all up on some of the things going on with us!

And Happy Birthday Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment