Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Bucket List Update

We're halfway through spring, so I thought it would be a good time to check-in on my Spring Bucket List and see how I've done so far.

Take pictures in the bluebonnets check
Send the kids out to play in the backyard more than once a week (if the weather allows) check
Take the kids to the park (this is something I used to do with Natalie and Erica all the time, but just get worn out at the thought of taking all 4)
Go to the Children's Museum
Go to the Zoo check

Not bad! You just saw our bluebonnet pics (the good, the bad, and the ugly). I've been sending the kids out to play almost everyday and it's been great. They get to run off some energy and use their imaginations (since they pointed out to me today that all our neighbors have playhouses/swing sets and we don't have anything fun in our yard). And I get to do the dishes or cook dinner without kids underfoot. I do keep Leah inside still if I'm not going to be out there, because we have a few steps down from the patio. And I took the kids to the zoo with some friends a few weeks ago. I will have to snag some of their pics to share because, of course, I forgot my camera. Or rather, I probably totally thought about bringing it, but decided against it, because keeping up with 4 kids is as much juggling as I usually want to do. But, one of my best friends has 4 kids herself and she always has her camera. So, I'm going to make an addition to my list...

Take pictures in the bluebonnets check
Send the kids out to play in the backyard more than once a week (if the weather allows) check
Take the kids to the park (this is something I used to do with Natalie and Erica all the time, but just get worn out at the thought of taking all 4)
Go to the Children's Museum
Go to the Zoo check
Bring my camera to more outings with the kids

So that leaves taking the kids to the park, and visiting the children's museum. Honestly, I have been wanting to take the kids to the park all week, but haven't done it. That will likely happen very soon. But, I don't think I'll be hitting up the children's museum on my own. I've talked to a couple different people about it, and because of the age difference between my kids, I'd be pulled 4 different ways and I just don't think I'm up for doing that by myself. If I have a group of friends planning a trip there, I may go that way. But otherwise, I'm out. So, I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment