Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My kids want a pet.

They've actually been talking about wanting a pet for awhile, but it wasn't even on my radar. I have enough mouths to feed, poop to clean up, and whining to listen to without adding an animal to the mix thankyouverymuch. I always said that when LEAH was old enough to ask for a pet, then I'd *consider* it. But not before then. Absolutely not. And trust me, I am going to stand firm to that. BUT... some things lately have been softening my heart a little to the idea of one day having a family pet. Like for instance, today I was checking some of Natalie's schoolwork. It was talking about customs and told about a custom in Syria where they sit around a fire and then when it goes out they jump over the ashes and make a wish. Then it asked what your wish would be if you lived there. And Natalie wrote "to have a pet". Something about seeing it in writing made it more real. Then, I have friends posting A-DOR-A-BLE pics of their pets and it *almost* makes me want to run out and get a little cutie of our own. Almost. I mean, how can you resist these faces??

Jordan's Butter Ball, from Three Little Birds


Or MckMama's Roobii from MyCharmingKids

3 comments:

  1. or Trisha's puppy with Layne's bink in his mouth?? too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the pictures fool you...I have a true love/hate relationship with that dang Butter Ball. Peyton bought him with her own money and she is solely responsible for his well-being. She cleans his messes, takes him out to play, feeds him, etc. It's a great "responsiblity" tool and all the kids love him. I, on the other hand, could totally live without a dog, thankyouverymuch. ;c) Cute to look at, for sure...not as cute to live with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know! I read the rest of your post! lol They are soooo cute, but my kids really just *think* they want one. I know they do not want the responsibility of taking care of a pet. Natalie is the only one mature enough to even be able to, and she's even said she doesn't want to do it all by herself. Eric and I are just not enough of animal lovers to do it right now. I'm sure we'll have a family pet someday, just not today. :)

    ReplyDelete