Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Our Easter weekend didn't go quite as planned. We were going to go to Houston Friday night and stay the night with my mom. Then go to Livingston Saturday morning for Eric's family's Easter get together. Then come back to my brother's house to visit with them and some other family that were coming into town. That all changed when Graham came into our room around 2am Thurs night (well, technically Fri morning). He'd thrown up all over his bed and then continued to throw up the rest of the night. Even though he was totally fine by Friday afternoon when we were planning on leaving, we knew we had to cancel our trip. We couldn't risk spreading those germs or having one of the other kids catch it while we were on the road. To try to ease some of the disapppointment, Eric took Natalie to the soccer training she was going to miss Friday night.

Photobucket

She loves soccer so much!

Photobucket

And I know I am totally biased, but she is really good at it too.

Photobucket

Then she was also able to go to her game on Saturday.

Photobucket

I took her to the game myself while Eric stayed home with the rest of the kids.

Photobucket
(in this pic she had just kicked the ball between the legs of the other player and was on her way around to go after it!)

After the game, I took her to lunch at IHOP, per her request. Then we did a little shopping and enjoyed a day together, just the two of us. She really liked getting that one on one attention.

Photobucket

When we woke up Sunday morning, the kids were all well and we thought we were in the clear with this tummy bug. They all opened their baskets and loved getting all dressed up for church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While at church, Natalie started not feeling well. So we left pretty quickly after the service, picked up some fried chicken, and headed home. She got sick on the way home (thank goodness Eric thought enough to put the barf bucket we keep in the van in the back with her). After lunch, I sent Erica upstairs for a nap and not too long after that she got sick as well. So Eric and I spent the rest of the afternoon switching back and forth between our pukers and our well babies. I never got any pics of the kids all dressed up together in the Easter clothes, so as long as no one else gets sick today, I may try for that later this afternoon.

I say it's a good thing Easter isn't really about candy filled eggs, fancy Easter dresses, or ham dinners (which I totally forgot to make until the very last minute). My favorite part of Easter was the drive the church. We talked about what "He is Risen" meant. It was so heartwarming to hear my small children tell me about Christ's sacrifice and the miracle of his resurrection. That is what I will remember most about our Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment