Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bluebonnets 2011

It's that time of year again! I absolutely LOVE the bluebonnets. Such a beautiful Texas tradition. And such an amazing example of God's creation. Unfortunately, they are just not as lush as they've been the past few years. Last year's blooms were fantastic! It has been so dry here lately though, that they are just barely hanging in there. But, I'll take it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now... for real life. As soon as we got there, I realized Leah had pulled out the ponytail in her hair. And it was no where to be found. So her hair was sticking straight up, and I didn't have anything else to put in it. The other girls had ponytails, but their ties were far too big for Leah's hair. So I was hoping for the best with her hair. Luckily I can edit the heck out of pictures and usually get something I am happy with.

Photobucket

She really looked like a troll doll.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Graham is generally a really happy kid. But for some reason, when I *want* him to smile and be happy, he turns completely emo.

Photobucket

It takes me acting a fool, making fart noises, and practically standing on my head to get any kind of positive reaction out of him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then there's these...

Photobucket

This next progression of pics really cracks me up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Oh no Mom! Leah's gonna get the flowers!"
Photobucket

"I'm having nothing to do with this!"
Photobucket

"Natalie, do something about Leah!"
Photobucket

"Fine, I'll go down there and take care of it myself. But I must keep smiling for the camera!"
Photobucket

"Ok, Erica. I'm here for moral support."
Photobucket

"Oh great, there goes Graham!"
Photobucket

"and his feet have left the ground"
Photobucket

"ok, Leah's getting up now. I think we're ok" as Graham reaches for a flower.
Photobucket

and picks it up...
Photobucket

Leah is gonna take care of it.
Photobucket

"Better luck next time, Graham!"
Photobucket

and we're done...

3 comments:

  1. Familiar scene.... I know how hard it is to take pics of the kiddos! I dread pics of all of them together. You ended up with some really cute shots, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I'm responding to your comment on my blog here if you don't mind...

    I'm in Louisiana. I'm assuming you're in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The troll doll hair is hilarious! So is the big girls "putting up" with the babies. You got some great shots, though. What beautiful blue eyes you have in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete