Thursday, June 3, 2010

I just started a new Bible Study at church called "Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment".I'm gonna be honest here: when I first heard that's what the bible study was, I thought "I don't have a problem with that at all!" Of course, I still wanted to be a part of the bible study. At the very least, it's a good excuse to see my friends each week, and don't forget about FREE CHILDCARE. Then as I started reading and answering the questions for the first week, I read something that struck me to my core. In the book, the "never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather". You know, for someone who claims to be content, I have to admit, I do complain... a lot. I am a big time complainer. I complain about big(ish) things: Eric's deployments, illnesses etc. And I complain about small things: needing a haircut, having to go to the store for more bread etc. And yes, I even complain A LOT about the weather. In fact, even after doing the week's lesson, the first thing I did when I walked into the bible study and sat down next to my friend, was complain about Leah's recent sleeping habits (or lack thereof lol). So, I've come to realize that I probably do need this study more than I first realized. I've decided that each week, I'm going to find something new to focus on. This week, I'm going to start by trying to complain less. It's going to be hard, but definitely worth the effort. I'm going to try to find a positive spin for anything that I may be less than thrilled about. And to start things off, I'm going to comment on Leah's sleep habits. For the past few nights, she went from sleep good long stretches at night, to waking every 1-2 hours, wanting to nurse. At first, I was very frustrated by this, because mama needs her sleep! Now, I realize it was most likely a growth spurt. I am so thankful that she is growing and thriving! And to top it off, it's my milk that is making it so! I have wanted so badly to have a successful breastfeeding relationship with my kids, and I got more than I could ever ask for with Leah. Thank you Lord for my baby girl, who needs me, loves me, and is satisfied with me!

1 comment:

  1. I love this book. And I'm not complaining :), but I so wish I was there to do it with you girls.

    ReplyDelete