Friday, March 5, 2010

Illness Update

Poor little Leah has caught this nasty crud that's going through our house. I finally went to the dr. yesterday to see if they could give me anything to help me feel better and to get her checked out too. I got a shot in the office that should help clear up the rest of my congestion, an antibiotic, and a new inhaler. I'm also taking an otc cough med. I'm already feeling a difference but can't wait til I'm all better! For now Leah's junk is still all in her head, so there's not much we can do for her except suction her out with the bulb syringe. I'm just glad it's not down in her chest, that is what worried me. The other kids all seem to be pretty much over it. A few lingering sniffles and small coughs, but much better! Eric is still dealing with it too though I think he is starting to feel a little better too.

Things are really going well for us. Eric went back to work on Tuesday and I think I've done a pretty good job of juggling things around here. It's a challenge to find time to pump, feed everyone, try to shower and get anything else done, but I think I'm doing ok. I haven't missed a shower yet! That's a big accomplishment for me! I think it has helped a ton that Eric and I have a pretty good shiftwork going at night. I put the girls to bed around 8:00 and then I try to do some things that need to be done before bed, then I pump and try to get in bed between 9-10. He keeps Leah downstairs until around 1-2, feeding her as needed. That's when I get up and pump again and then take her for the rest of the night. She's a pretty good sleeper, so we each get some sleep during our shift with her, but get a good chunk of sleep when the other has her. The other kids get up between 7-7:30, and I get up with them and get them breakfast and we start our day. This is working really well for us so far.

Eric is working this weekend, so I'm not sure that we'll make it to church on Sunday, but I'm so ready to get back to our normal activities. I have major cabin fever. Going to the dr. yesterday was the first time I'd left the house since we got home from the hospital.

Sorry for no pictures today, I haven't taken any since I last posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment