Monday, March 22, 2010

1 month old

Photobucket

Photobucket

At one month old, Leah:

can still (just barely) fit into Newborn size clothes
can wear 0-3 mos clothes without drowning in them
wears a size 1 diaper
nurses throughout the day and takes pumped breastmilk from a bottle
wants nothing to do with a pacifier
loves to be swaddled
likes her swing and the aquarium mobile w/ lights on it
sleeps more at night than during the day
is a generally happy baby

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Breastfeeding update (warning for those who want to skip past this part):
Leah latches on great, but is lazy at the breast, and doesn't actively eat. I was able to have a phone consultation with a LC today and she gave me some tips to try that will hopefully get her nursing more actively. We'll see how it goes! I'm still pumping, but I've noticed that my supply has dropped some. I was getting more than she was taking before, and now I'm pretty much even with her. Which is fine, but if it goes down anymore, I'll start dipping into my freezer stash and it will slowly be depleted. Not a good thing since she's only a month old.

Photobucket

I'm taking Erica to the allergist tomorrow for allergy testing. Her eczema has been really flared up lately and it looks about like it did when she had the allergic reaction to amoxicillin, so I'm hoping we can figure out what she's allergic to and eliminate it from her diet!

Graham and Leah both have checkups on Wednesday, so I'll be sure to update after that as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get that dress in the last few pics? I want one! I am a sucker for anything with smocking!

    ReplyDelete