Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 weeks

I took Leah to her 2 week appointment on Monday. Everything is great! She has surpassed her birth weight - a big deal for me because NONE of my other 3 had gotten back to their birth weight by 2 weeks, and she's had nothing but breastmilk! She is even starting to fill out a little, something that never happened with my other 3 until they started getting formula. I used to joke that I made skim milk lol. I guess it's not my milk that was the problem, but the babies' ability to get it out of me! lol I still have her nurse at least once a day, in hopes that eventually she will nurse more and I can pump less. She still latches great, she just seems to have a problem getting a full feeding from nursing alone. Pumping is going really well for now though, so I'm just going to keep doing what we're doing for as long as it's working for us.

Eric took Erica to the speech therapist at the elementary school this morning for her assessment. She passed the vision and hearing tests (which I figured she would since she was tested in November at her 4 year check up and passed then). Then they had her look at a bunch of pictures and say what they were so they could hear how she pronounced things. We won't get the official results (of whether or not she qualifies for services) until our next meeting in April, but the therapist told Eric that her initial assessment is that she likely will qualify because of some things she is doing with her speech (like skipping some sounds altogether, and replacing some uncommon sounds with others). If she does qualify, then she'll probably go twice a week for 30 minutes. The best part is, it will all be free! I'm glad I went this route. I hesitated at first because I'd heard it can be a really long wait. But this is a brand new school in it's first year, so I guess they don't have as many participants yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment