Monday, February 1, 2010

Diaper Shower

When I found out that we were moving to San Antonio, I wasn't very happy about it. I knew it would be a great opportunity for Eric, work wise, so I was supportive of it. But I was not looking forward to leaving all of our family, our church family, and friends. I don't like making new friends. I find it hard to make friends and I just don't like it. Right after we moved here, Eric left for 2 mos for a school in Mississippi. I visited a few churches with the kids while he was gone, but didn't find anywhere I REALLY liked until the week before he returned. Then when he got back, we visited that church again together. We really really liked it and decided we'd keep attending and try to get plugged in. I can't even explain to you what a blessing it has been. We have made some great friends there and so have our kids. We have a FANTASTIC Sunday school class. The kids have a great time at Awanas. And I have been involved in MOPS for the first time. Not to mention the other bible study and ministry involvement we've been able to be a part of. We are so thankful for this new church family that has welcomed us into San Antonio!

On that note, our FANTASTIC Sunday school class threw us a Diaper Shower on Sunday. We met at a member's house after church and had a chili cook-off, hot dogs for the kids, and yummy desserts! We were showered with packs of diapers and even a few other thoughtful gifts! I just feel so blessed that we have such thoughtful friends who want to help us celebrate a 4th baby! I brought my camera with me and even toted it around on my shoulder for half the party and didn't take a single pic! I did get Eric to take a pic of me with our loot before we left! Just 3 more weeks until my due date!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! You looks fantastic.

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete