Thursday, February 18, 2010

waiting...

Once I turned 37 weeks I was SO anxious to go into labor. I don't know if it was because my dr. kept "reminding" me that I was full term and that it was ok for the baby to come at any time. Or that I was ready to meet Miss Leah finally. But after a week or overanalyzing every little twinge and movement, I was getting really discouraged. I decided to change my frame of mind. Instead of praying that I would go into labor, I started praying for strength to get through the rest of the pregnancy. It was amazing to me that after I started praying for that, I did gain such a peace about it all. I had a rough few days there where I was in a lot of pain and discomfort, but it passed and I was totally fine still being pregnant. When I went for my 38w appt and the dr told me my cervix was still closed and high, I was not surprised, and I was ok with that. I haven't been too overly anxious, but just trying to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy. Then yesterday when I went for my appt. and found out I am 2-3cm, I was giddy! I couldn't believe I'd already progressed that much in just a week! And now I think it's getting the better of me. I am SO anxious to just go into labor already and get the show on the road! I am trying really hard to stay patient, but as my due date approaches, and as I think more about how ready my body seems to be, I just can't help but feel like "come on already!". It's taking all I have to just sit back and relax and not think about having this baby RIGHT NOW. LOL I know she'll come when it's her time, but I just can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment