Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dr. Updates and pics

I took Leah back to her pedi on Monday, for a follow-up on the weight issue. I shared with her what the LC told me, and how she wasn't concerned at all about Leah's weight. She let me know in no uncertain terms, that NO, it was NOT normal for her to "drop" like that (which bothers me that she says it like that, because Leah never lost weight, she was gaining, she just dropped percentiles), and that NO, it was NOT perfectly fine. However, she did have a lovely gain over the past week, so the dr. is not concerned anymore at this point. She goes back in another month for her 6 mos. checkup, and we'll just check it again then anyway. I felt all along that Leah was ok, and I still stand by that. I am glad that she gained more though, so the dr. will get off my case about it.

I went to the endocrinologist on Tuesday. I have Hashimoto's Disease, which is an auto immune disease that attacks my thyroid. Basically, my thyroid has been failing, because of this. Luckily, my TSH levels are still in normal range, so I can just continue on with my current dosage of Synthroid (synthetic thyroid hormone) for now. I also have a 1.6cm nodule on my thyroid. Due to the location of the nodule, the endo could not feel it externally. So we have to schedule an ultrasound-lead biopsy. I should be finding out today or tomorrow when that will be. He told me that 98% of the time, the nodules are benign. If that is the case, then we will continue to monitor it via u/s and if it's not growing, then we don't need to do anything else other than monitor it. If it is growing, or if it's malignant, then it would have to be removed. I'm not really worried about any of it right now. There's no point to be. It's not going to change anything, and I don't need to stress myself out over it.

And just some pics I took last week.

Leah loves to suck on her toes!
Photobucket

If Leah is awake when Graham gets up from his nap, I will sometimes lay her in his bed next to him. He LOVES it. He cracks up when she's in there with him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful little kiddies!!!!
    I think Leah looks perfect - no need to worry! :wub:!!!

    And P&PT about the nodule!! I am sure it's nothing - and great job NOT stressing out about it!!! Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinkin' cuties! The doctor was probably more upset you got outside advice than anything. Blah.

    I will keep everything crossed that your biopsy is normal. I agree though that worrying will get you no where!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - well she's the one that suggested going to the LC anyway. So she was probably mad that the LC didn't back her up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah has the prettiest eyes! Wow!

    I'm glad to hear that everything is probably just fine. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete