Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blessings

A few weeks ago I had a very funny conversation with Natalie. Out of the blue she says to me, "Mommy, I think you should have another baby."
"Oh, you do!?!" I say.
"No, actually I think you should have TEN more babies!"
"Ten babies! That sure is a lot of babies. I don't think I can take care of ten babies all by myself."
"You don't have to, I'll help you. I'll take five and you can take five."
"So when your five babies start crying at night, are you going to get up and feed them and change them?"
"YEP!"
"Well what if they all wake up at the same time, and you can't feed them all at the same time."
"I'll just give the other ones a pacifier until I can feed them."
"Oh, that's a good idea. But what if they don't like the pacifier, because they're hungry and they want milk?"
"Well, then I'll call you in to help."
HAHAHAHA

I told her that I most certainly wouldn't be having ten more babies, but that perhaps we'd have *just one more*.

Like, maybe in February. :)

Photobucket

I went to the dr. today and everything looks great so far. I am 7 weeks along and got to see the little heartbeat! The first thing I said when the screen came up was, "There's the heartbeat!", and since I'm due around Valentine's Day (my due date is Feb. 22), I think that "heartbeat" or "beat" for short, is a great nickname for this little one.

I am also going to add that this is the first time I've waited this long (almost a month) to share the news. I've had a lot of anxiety about telling everyone we're having another baby because there are some people in our lives that have made it very clear that they think we've had enough kids and that we shouldn't have anymore. We are VERY excited about this new baby and can only hope that our friends and family can be as well. We feel like each baby is a blessing, and we are thrilled that we get to add another blessing to our family.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely THRILLED for you Amber! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to read up on your blog! Things have just been a little hectic! I do think it's wonderful God has given you another blessing! Don't listen to the pessimists! LOL!

    ReplyDelete