Friday, September 24, 2010

Wizard of Oz

I'm getting all the last details of the kids' Halloween costumes in order. We'll be going to our church's Trunk or Treat again this year. They are going with a Wizard of Oz theme.

Natalie is going to be Dorothy. I bought her dress from a seller on etsy. It was only about $5 more than the cheapy store bought ones, and it's soooo nice. She even threw in matching hair bows and blue socks! I got her some ruby red slippers from Target. Now all I need to get is Toto. They sell some little stuffed totos in a basket at the party stores, but they upwards of $20. I already have the perfect basket, just need to find a little stuffed dog that can pass as Toto.

Erica is going to be Glinda the good witch. I got her a generic pink princess dress from the party store that lights up. I just ordered her the Glinda crown and wand from Halloween Costumes. And she has some silver shoes she can wear with it.

Graham will be reprising his lion costume from last year. It still fits him and it was just sooooo cute on him. I did also get him a "badge of courage" to wear with it to represent the Cowardly Lion.

And Leah is going to be a rainbow. I know it's not exactly traditional with the Wizard of Oz theme, but it goes! I ordered her a rainbow tutu from a seller on etsy. It will be paired with a white onesie (for the clouds) and a yellow flower on a headband for the sun. I think it will be adorable!

I will of course post pictures once we get everything together, but I just couldn't wait to share!

2 comments: