Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank you God, for DVR

I remember when all my other kids were babies - I had the entire overnight tv lineup memorized. There was only so much on (especially when you didn't have cable) in the middle of the night (another joy of those 2 am feedings). With Natalie I watched "Head of the Class" and "Perfect Strangers" on Nick at Night. And what sucked about that was that they showed the same episodes at 1am and 4am, so depending on when Natalie woke up, some nights I had to watch the same episode twice! lol With Erica, I watched "Charles in Charge" and something else that I can't recall. And I don't remember at all what I watched with Graham. (Isn't that weird that I can recall more details from 6 years ago than just last year?) But now, with Eric working for AT&T, we get a great deal on cable. So NOW, we have a DVR and I don't know how I lived without it before! My list of recorded series keeps growing. But that's ok, because they come in real handy during those middle of the night feedings and hour long nurse-a-thons (that's right, I've all but dumped the pump and have a very eager nurser now!).

Here's a run-down:
19 Kids and Counting
Ace of Cakes
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Gilmore Girls (repeats on ABC Family)
Parenthood
The Marriage Ref
The Office

Anyone else watching any of these? Have suggestions of series you think I might like based on these?

My favorite for American Idol is Lee. There is something about him that I just LOVE. I've never been gone for the bad boys, so maybe it's his somewhat reserved and shy nature that I'm drawn to? And let's not ignore the fact that, that boy can sing! *swoon*

Dancing with the Stars is tough for me. There is just something about Kate Gosselin that's like a train wreck. I just can't not look. I was ready to strangle my tv this week when she was treating her partner just like she treated Jon, and was so upset and confused when he "quit". HELLO????? Do you see a pattern here? So part of me wants her to leave and get back to mothering her 8 children, but part of me needs her to stay lol. Nicole is obviously one of the (if not THE) best dancer, but I'm just not a big fan of hers. But she and Derek can definitely hang around, I won't complain! I think for now, I'm rooting for Aiden and Edyta. I just really really like Edyta, and I really want her to take home that mirrorball trophy! (has anyone else noticed how weird some of those people were pronouncing mirror? or was that just me?)

So again, thank you God, for DVR. I am highly entertained because of it.

4 comments:

  1. I too, LOVE DVR! I record most of what you do, LOVE the marriage ref, and office, of course!!! I almost turned on the tv last night in the middle of the night, but I'm always worried that I won't be able to turn it off and will end up staying up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I sometimes end up staying up for the rest of an episode even if the baby has fallen back asleep. Luckily I'm still sleep deprived enough that I can make myself turn it off after that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to watch tv! My husband hijacks it in the evenings and thinks that I get to watch tv ALL day!! Can you imagine? That just makes me laugh. I am DVR'ing Breakfast at Tiffany's tonight, don't know when I'll get to watch it though! Like I haven't seen it a hundred times already! I love the office. That is one show my hubs does watch that I like. I love Lifetime Movie Network. I like Adoption Stories on Discovery Health. Not sure what else I would watch if I could! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted to HGTV lately. Weird--I have never been interested in it before, but since we put the house on the market I've started watching it to get ideas of how to make the house sellable. The house is sold now, but I'm hooked. Not so much that I DVR anything on that channel, but still. We are big fans of the CSI shows and Criminal Minds--I can't remember if you are into crime dramas or not. We like them. We love DWTS and will watch So You Think You Can Dance when it starts again. We used to watch AI all the time, but last season I started to get burnout I think--same happened with Survivor and Biggest Loser-- just am not crazy about any of the AI contestants this time. I stopped watching it, but Terry still does. I have an entire season of Amazing Race recorded that I haven't watched yet. Yah. DVR is awesome. And BTW, I did not know that Eric is working for AT&T. I'm so out of the loop with you! :(

    ReplyDelete