Monday, January 18, 2010

Reflecting on this Pregnancy: 35 weeks

I feel like I've let this pregnancy just fly by with very minimal attention put on it at all. I guess that's what happens with a 4th baby. *sigh* But I thought I'd take some time today and reflect on what has been, so far, my easiest pregnancy by far. My morning sickness was not too terribly bad. It was definitely the worst with Natalie. Throwing up all day every day for nearly 6 months, yet still dealing with nausea until delivery. This time around I had my fair share of nausea and vomiting, but Zofran was my best friend and helped me function until it subsided when I got to my 2nd trimester. I did show early this time, as I have with each pg except for my first. But, I haven't gotten nearly as big as I did with Erica and Graham, although I am bigger than I was with Natalie. I think that is a big part in me still feeling relatively good. With Natalie, I was still just so nauseous all the time, that I never felt good. Then with Erica and Graham, I was so big that I had horrible back and pelvic pain by this point. I definitely have a hard time getting comfortable, and I do have some pain, but I can still roll over in bed without much of a problem. I have noticed that if I'm on my feet for too long, especially walking around, that I get really sore and feel a ton of pressure. But as long as I rest and don't exert myself too much, I feel pretty good! I was originally thinking that I'd probably go into labor a little early this time. I'd heard that you typically go earlier with each one. Natalie came a few days past my due date and Erica came a few days before. With Graham, I was induced at 38w, so I can't count that. But I was thinking I'd probably go on my own somewhere between 38-39w, but now I'm not so sure. My dr. already thinks this baby is "big", but I'm not worried. I delivered three 8 and a half pounders, which I hear most people consider big, but is actually on the small side of mine and Eric's families. I have a feeling that she may offer to induce me a week or so early but I'm hoping if that happens, I'll have the willpower to deny it. My induction with Graham was gruesome and I really have no desire to ever go through that again. Of course if I reach my due date or I start getting really uncomfortable, I may start singing a different tune. Only time will tell I guess. And I suppose I can't conclude this post without some belly pics!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and ick, hair pulled back in a messy ponytail and no makeup lol
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I remembered my 35 weeks with my twins.

    Your so close to know your baby girl, so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so cute! I was HOPING that Leah would come early, but she was so big that it stalled my labor and I was a week late!! I don't want to freak you out because I know at 35 weeks you are just ready to get that thing out. She was just not dropping because she was 9 pounds! I hope you do come early, for your sake!

    ReplyDelete