Friday, January 18, 2013

Soup

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner today to share my 2 favorite soup recipes.  I LOVE soup. I love making it (because seriously, what's easier than throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot?), and I love eating it.  These are my 2 go-to soups.  They're easy and they're SO good.  I literally get compliments on them anytime I take them anywhere.  They're great to take to a friend or bring to a pot luck too!  And my favorite part about these recipes, is I can make them completely allergen free for our family!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
1 large box of chicken stock
1-2 lbs. cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn (I leave this out due to allergies)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 zucchini squash, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic
cumin
southwestern seasoning
-sorry, I don't measure the seasonings, so use your discretion

Directions:
Just throw it all in a pot on the stove.  Add enough water to cover everything.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3-4 hours.

To individual servings add lime juice, sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips.


Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
2 lb. package of frozen diced hashbrowns
3 c. chicken stock
3 c. milk
3 c. shredded cheese

Directions:
Cook the hashbrowns and chicken stock in a crock pot on high for 4 hours.
Add the milk and cheese and blend until smooth.  Continue to cook on high until all the cheese is melted and the soup is hot.  Add salt and pepper to your liking.

To individual servings add sour cream, additional cheese, bacon, and chives.


No comments:

Post a Comment