Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My kiddos

I haven't done an update on the kids in awhile, so I thought I'd hop on and do that real quick. These are all some pics I took a couple weeks ago.

Photobucket
Natalie will be turning 9 next week. She still loves soccer and can't wait for practices to start next week. She'll be playing on an academy team this season. She loves fun jewelry and picking out her own clothes. She loves to draw and anything to do with art. She's still enjoying piano and is getting pretty good at it if I do say so myself. She's an avid reader and always has at least a couple of books with her anywhere she goes. She's always taking care of things around here. She's on top of her chores and really, everyone else's too. She is super driven and very caring and giving.

Photobucket
Erica started taking a hip-hop dance class halfway through the summer and found her calling. Unfortunately for her, Daddy is not thrilled with it and has said no hip-hop in the fall. So back to ballet/tap/jazz for her. Erica loves anything to do with music and dancing. She started piano lessons this summer and has taken to it with ease. Her teacher is really impressed with the amount of focus and talent she has. She can wipe the floor with you on Mario Kart or Just Dance on the Wii. The girl is GOOD. She is reading magnificently and is so excited to be checking out chapter books at the library now. She struggles a lot with anxiety, which I think may be tied to her current health issues that we are working through (eczema and food allergies). But she is overcoming her shyness more and more each week. I am so proud of the progress she has made.

Photobucket
Graham is just all boy. He can't sit still to save his life and he always talks SO LOUD! I don't know where he gets that from. ;) He is really into super heroes right now. I think Spiderman is probably his favorite, but he also likes The Hulk, Superman, and Batman. He is the only one of my kids who will say "I love you" out of the blue to me and it completely melts my heart each and every time. He can't wait until next year when he'll get to play baseball (tee-ball), and neither can I!

Photobucket
Leah has more personality than anyone I know. Her favorite color is pink and she loves wearing ruffly skirts and dresses (as long as they don't itch, and she's quick to tell me if they do!). She started taking dance classes this summer (even though the studio doesn't usually let them start until they are 3) and she has done amazing. Her teacher comments on how well she listens and follows directions. She is very independent and knows exactly what she wants. She's my only child that has ever liked to hear my sing, and she insists on singing with me each night before she goes to bed. The top 3 songs on her playlist right now are "Jesus Loves Me," "Jesus Loves the Little Children," and "Jingle Bells." She cracks me up!

Photobucket
My perfect little Cherubs!

Photobucket
Or something like that...

Photobucket
Eh, I'll keep 'em!

Photobucket

2 comments: